Saturday, July 2, 2016

Shenandoah Valley Botanical Quilt - July Block Lily

I am sewing along with the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Quilt project - the pattern is provided by the Virginia Quilt Museum and all pattern sales benefit the museum. Dawn, from Collector with a Needle, and Doreen, from Aunt Reen’s Place, are hosting a quiltalong for this quilt, here.


The pattern size as provided by the museum easily makes 9 inch blocks. I am doing mine in wool so that I can make that size (8 1/2" finished), many are enlarging the pattern and all the participant's resulting blocks are well worth a look...so pretty!

This is my version of the block for July, labelled Lily:

 I wish you could feel this one :)  the texture on the layering is so much fun!
Here is one of my new distractions keeping me from getting much sewing in this summer - a 7 month old chocolate lab has joined our family.  His name was Zeb but we find he comes to us better if we say "Hey Buddy".
Happy Independence Day weekend to all my American friends, and a happy weekend to the rest of you too!!

7 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Welcome Buddy! What a great addition to your family. :0)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very pretty block. What a sweet face!

Little Quiltsong said...

Another beautiful block. Love your chocolate lab - he looks so attentive!

Carol Swift said...

"Hey Buddy" is so darn cute! I miss having a big dog, but my two little brats keep me busy enough. Love the new block!

Patty said...

So pretty! These blocks look like fun to put together. Happy 4th!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Kris...he is ADORABLE!! So cute!! However did you get him to sit still? The flowers are beautiful. I like how you reversed the colours. Happy 4th to you too :)

-Soma

Dawn said...

Really lovely SVBAQ Lily, the wool looks so rich. Your new pup is adorable.