Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Exxxxxttterrrminaaaate!!!!

I have been paper piecing again this week as I work through the blocks needed to make a Doctor Who themed quilt for my son.

This will be a familiar figure to those who watch Doctor Who...this is definitely my favorite baddie...who can resist a trashcan with a superiority complex?

When added to these below, I now have 9 blocks done!!


The fantastic and very detailed pattern can be found here at Soma's blog, if you are up for a challenge: http://www.whimsandfancies.com/patterns/

8 comments:

Shari said...

Oh ya...the villains we love to hate! This is a fantastic block, loving your fabric selection! Just re-watched the episode with Dave...hey, who turned out the lights last night, and the Daleks with Dalek Khan. Great stitching time. Your getting a really impressive quilt going there...want another kid? call me, I'm still adoptable LOL

Carol Swift said...

I have to watch Dr. Who just so I know who all these cool characters are and all the objects refer to. My daughter loves this show, which makes me want to take on this challenge. Looking good!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

This is excellent. Almost the 23rd. Your boy needs to go see Grandma and watch her TV.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very cool. Your blocks are turning out fabulous and I am with Carol I think I may need to start watching Dr. Who.

Patty said...

You just did my favorite of all the blocks. I get even have to make it again! Great job on this one!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Just an FYI, there is a marathon going on right now until the new Dr. This Saturday. I have been watching Dr.Who since befor Tom Baker. My hubby and I love it. I have so enjoyed watching your quilt grow! Boy would I love to snuggle under it while I watch the Dr. Not sure if I am going to like this new Dr. Time will tell!

Carla said...

Great blocks! This quilt will be fantastic.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Excellent work with the Dalek, Kris!! Can't have Doctor Who without the trash-can baddie :)

-Soma