Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy National Quilting Day

Did you celebrate today?  I had an opportunity to go to a local quilt show with my friends Linda, Elsie and Zonya...had a great time and picked up a few things from the vendors...

One was this pattern from Laundry Basket Quilts and the templates to make cutting it a snap...so, of course I had to sew one up and try it out...
 I still need to press it a bit and applique the circle down but, you get the idea...
My apologies to those that think Mr. Charming is creepy...I know not everyone is a fan of Tula Pink's Prince Charming froggie...but I am, lol!!

I found a wooden stiletto aka chopstick or skewer to be very helpful in pressing the 3d star tips on this block. 

There are great tips for sewing dresden blocks on Bunny Hill Designs site here.

PS-I also picked up this bee fat quarter and would love yardage but alas...no selvedge...anyone know what this is?

7 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I love Mr. Charming....too cute! You are back sewing with a force!

Jeanie said...

We probably bumped into one another today without knowing it! I have a yard of this very "charming" fabric and love the way you have fussy cut it..... gives me ideas on how to use my fabric!

mennikelly said...

I love your block! It looks perfect. The meatballs were good although they only managed to delight the 6 year old on the first day and not so much as leftovers. And your Jen Kingwell quilt blocks look fabulous too. Hopefully they keep any other snow away.

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a gorgeous block - I love it!
Prince Charming looks fabulous in the center.
I like this line by Tula too.

Tinliz said...

Your frog is adorable!
I, also, celebrated Ntional Quilting Day by going to a local show, with my friend Nancy. The only purchaces I made were the applique book by speaker, Beth Ferrier, and a package of Wash-Away Applique sheets. The sheets will make one of my current projects easier.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

This is one gorgeous block, Kris!! Such beautiful and crisp points and I love Mr. Charming in the center :)

-Soma

Jennifer said...

National Quilting Day is also my birthday! How appropriate! I love the Dresden Star block, I have made tons of things from it and I love the templates, they make it a snap! I love the froggie! Tula rocks!!