Friday, March 7, 2014

Another day, more progress on Green Tea and Sweet Beans Quilt

As mentioned earlier this week, I have started this quilt...and, as I expected I have fallen hard for this pattern and have been sneaking in time to sew in order to keep making more blocks...it probably has something to do with the long winter and the spring feel of the fabrics and flowers in this quilt.

Today, it was time for block 5 Double Pinwheel...we are to make 2 of them...
I really enjoyed making these and they went together fast and easy!  I am trying to follow Jen Kingwell's lead and do a mash up of 30's and 40's repro fabrics mingled with some Kaffe,  some Tula and AMH and other more modern fabrics.  I have noticed that the more blocks I make -  the more cohesive they look as a group (even though individually they look a bit like a mess)...I will try to get a group shot soon, it's been hard to do with the weather we've been having.

9 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Look at you go! You are going to be done in no time! I have that dandelion fabric and love it too!

Carol Swift said...

I can see why you love that quilt because it is really beautiful! Maybe it will encourage some nice warm and sunny weather to appear. :O)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love that pattern and can't wait to start working on mine. Love your blocks.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just loving this! I started with my first block on the Gypsy Wife, but only used 2 colors. Probably not going to be bright enough....we'll see.

Patty said...

I am looking forward to seeing the blocks all together. Such bright and pretty prints.

Linda said...

I'm loving it Kris!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

These blocks are looking great, Kris! Loving the colors :)

-Soma

Ginny said...

Love seeing your progress here! Can't wait for the group shot!

Tinliz said...

WOW!!!!

Today, I took pictures of what I hope is the last snow of the Year