Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Millie's Meatballs

So I have been sewing but they aren't projects I can share yet so I thought I'd share what's in my crockpot as it has been a family favorite with the cold temps and snow flying about...

This recipe came from a quilting friend years ago but it didn't strike me until this winter to make it myself...

Millie's Meatballs
(makes around 36)

2 lbs ground beef
3 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
salt + pepper
1 onion
1 carrot
1 stalk celery
1 clove garlic

Finely process the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and mix together with other meatball ingredients.  Make meatballs and place on cookie sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.

Sauce
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 bottle Heinz chili sauce + water filled jar
3/4 cup brown sugar
small can sauerkraut (rinsed and drained)

Simmer the sauce for 20 minutes.  Pour sauce over meatballs and bake 1- 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees F covered...or, do as I do and put them in a crockpot on low for a few hours.

Now...I do not like sauerkraut and either does my son so please refrain from telling either one of us that it is in the sauce...what we don't know doesn't seem to hurt us as these are delish!

No comments: