Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beejeebers April block

Lindsay asked for a 24" Wonky Improv block using this tutorial for April's Beebeebers Bee...

Here is my version...
A few comments about this block...it's not hard, really...but if you haven't done curved piecing, I wouldn't suggest this for your first block.  Mostly because the pinning is only intuitive if you have some experience pinning curves.  When you do a traditional curved block there is a set beginning and a set end which you ease into with the pins and with this it is somewhat arbitrary to look at where the beginning and end are.  That said, you start the pinning in the middle for either so it is basically the same steps...just wonky...Clear as mud?  Thought so :)
This is supposed to be a "scrap block" but with the large pieces necessary I found I had to use material I had yardage of to have enough...it's more a "scrap generating block" as I ended up with lots of "after scraps" for sure.

I think I may have forgotten to post the Beejeebers March block which was for Laura...thank goodness she already has them and I'm just late posting to the blog...she asked for Lori from Bee in my Bonnet's mittens...



Now I need to make time to make that whole Row Along quilt!  The mittens were easy and fun to do!!


1 comment:

mennikelly said...

Your block looks great. Agree on the scrap generating nature of the block. I added quite a bit to my scrap pile. Hope you're having a wonderful day.