Monday, February 25, 2013

March is My Month For Modern Stash Quilting Bee


I have really enjoyed the newest Flickr Bee that I joined this year, Modern Stash Quilting Bee, I mean, who can beat having Tom Selleck for a mascot...

 Mo-Stash


And, here we are at March…and my choice…how exciting…

I decided to go with the somewhat current InstaGram craze although I am not even on IG, lol!

The Scrappy X Plus block re-sized to be a 12” finished block. 

This is the inspiration quilt blocks from Bijoulovely that I fell in love with...


And these are my first blocks I have made...
 


This is the tutorial for the construction of the block  but the measurements she uses are for a smaller block badskirt.blogspot.com/2011/04/japanese-x-and-scrappy-quil...


The measurements needed for the pieces to make a 12 inch finished block can be found here (along with many beautiful blocks):




Can't wait to see what my bee-mates come up with!!


1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hmmmmm....Tom Selleck is a great choice...grin. Fun fabrics and I like the words as background.