Monday, November 5, 2012

Grandmother's Choice BOW QAL block #10 done


Slowly recovering from whatever flu / cold / general nasty bug claimed my family for the last week or two but I am able to start back in on some sewing today!!
I finished the Grandmother's Choice Block of the Week QAL block for this week #10 called New York: Susan B. Anthony Breaks the Law.  It looks a little wonky in this picture but not in person, I'm wondering if it's the print in the lighter fabric making it look that way, a bad photo, or a combination.  I added the star to my version because purple and gold didn't really read "flag" to me, lol!

Again, if you want to follow along with the history lesson and / or make the blocks, they can be found here.  All this has been very timely with the election happening tomorrow, hope you all in the U.S. make time to vote!

And Mdm Samm and Katherine have another blog hop going right now if you want to follow along you can find the schedule here.  I am sitting this one out as I need to play some catch up with all my WIPs.  But I am enjoying seeing what others have created, be sure to cheer them on!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Love that star but that must have been hard to piece such a small star! I continue to enjoy this block of the week.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm so loving your GC blocks!!