Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Back to Mario QAL

So here is the Man, Mario finished to go with Boo, so now two down and only 10 more blocks to go, lol!

If you want the patterns and to join in the fun click on the Mario button on the sidebar or click here to go to Angela's blog.
I am using Pellon P44F to stabilize these and am liking the results.  I think I will want to use a light batting though to compensate for the heaviness added by the stabilizer...and quilting it may be tough...

The reason I haven't accomplished much lately is that I have been organizing my sewing space and we went on vacation for a few days to this beautiful space...


So the spot above is known as "Fat Woman's Squeeze"...enough said...

This is Rock Bridge...
Couldn't resist this shot in the morning.
My boys headed down "the squeeze"

And this is my new nod to organization, IKEA Alex style...still much work to be done organizing in the drawers but I managed to get the things put together and in my room...a bit of an accomplishment in itself.  I am newly acquainted with IKEA as I went visiting the Chicago area this summer and kind of bumped into the place :)
If you are a follower, and haven't entered my Blogiversary giveaway, you have until August 10th, you can find the post here.


1 comment:

mennikelly said...

The geology of the park looks pretty interesting. Would a quilt as you go method work to help deal with the bulk? I haven't tried it before so I have no advice to offer. Hope you're having a great day.