Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Mail - Happy Drawing from Ed Emberley

Ok, I received the most wonderful package in the mail today that I must share...

First though, are you all familiar with this book?  Mine is an older copy but the link goes to the new edition sold on Amazon.

 This book was a favorite of my sister and I growing up, the characters were so fun to draw and the author made it easy for young fingers to create masterpieces!  My son has gone through most of these books now too and has been a devoted Emberley fan.

So imagine my delight when I saw that Cloud 9 Fabrics came out with Happy Drawing...I refrained myself from ordering the whole line but pre-ordered several of my favorite prints from Hawthorne Threads...

The selvedge is so fun!  It shows the shapes used to "build" the animals, just like you'd find in the book.

I am crushing on this fabric!  Not sure what I'm going to make yet but I am just enjoying looking at it :).


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Didn't know about that book. I was just looking for such a book by a different author but couldn't find it. Now I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for the link.

krislovesfabric said...

Enjoy, all his books are wonderful :)